Saturday, April 23, 2011

HE IS RISEN !!!

And, so have I.

This is in no way meant to impinge upon the greatest event, ever, but to share what I have learned, this year, about forgiveness.

For the first time in all my years I met my Easter duty and actually kept  my lenten resolutions. Now, those of you who know me, know that indeed, my going without diet Coke & ice cream is monumental..and I DID it !

But that sacrifice pales in comparison to the lesson I've learned this lenten season. I learned about forgiveness. I learned because forgiveness was extended to me, when I least expected it & certainly didn't deserve it.

But that's what it's all about, isn't it? Christ died for us, so that we could be forgiven ! We are washed clean, the earth is washed clean & the spring blooms with new beginnings.

It's time for me to come to the party & extend that which was granted me. Easter Sunday, I will call the brother (who has pissed me off  (beyond belief!) and extend that which was granted me. It's about time, because...."He ain't heavy....he's my brother.."

HE IS RISEN !!!!!

2 comments:

Megan McElroy said...

Let me throw this one at you: we were ALREADY FORGIVEN when Jesus died for us. God was incarnated because "God so loved the world" (John 3:16). The death of Jesus was the result of humanity's inability or unwillingness to accept God's extravagant love and forgiveness. There is more to this theological discussion, but I shan't ;) bore you with it. Just something to ponder that the gift was already given.

Molly McElroy said...

(There she goes again, showing off -) no fair, DR. McElroy ;O)