Thursday, September 8, 2011

Don't let this Happen to You

Just when you think you've heard it all...


You get surprised again.  I've come to realize I wasted my entire career working my ass off in medicine.  I wish it had occurred to me to become a 'Life Coach.'   (whatever that is)


Do these people have credentials? Can they run their own lives, or are we supposed to learn from their mistakes?  When I looked into it, unbelieving, I learned that your coach is available by phone,for one hour sessions as many times a week as you can afford. They throw in complimentary emailing, of course.


You can discuss all aspects of your life. Children, spouses, career, friendships, pets. (you may want to separate your problems with your pet and consult a pet psychic, instead. More on that later)


These life coaches believe that you have all the answers within yourselves. It is their job to guide you into discovering what you already know. (I have friends for that, but hey, that's just me) I guess the difference between that and a psychologist is that insurance will pay for psychology. I would rather pay for lunch with a good friend who's heard it all before, who, for a salad and dessert, will listen again.


What gets me, is that these vultures exploit people overtly by preaching that the answers are within themselves. They exploit those who lack confidence, are timid and have been significantly hurt by events in their lives. They are seeking recovery. What an easy mark. Drives me crazy.



I guess if you have money to burn, no sense of self worth and plenty of time, it might be the path for you. Personally, when I'm in crisis, I get through it with prayer, a little help from my friends and hope.  In serious crisis mode, I turn to my own life coaches, Ben & Jerry.



I figured out all on my own that I have an amazing ability as a pet psychic.
For example, your dog told me that he loves meat and wishes you would stay home more.


That will be $300.00. I'm sorry, but I'm unable to bill your insurance.




No comments: