Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rollercoasters are Supposed to be Seasonal

Usually considered a thrill ride. Certainly, a ride. I seem to be on one and can't get off. I suppose everyone feels that way at times, I just happened to get a look at my pattern recently and likened my life to a rollercoaster. I hated them as a kid, I rode them, to be sure, so that no one would know of my terror. I guess it was good practice for the ride I'm on now.


Just when you think you're at a stage in your life when everything is going to go smoothly, supposed to go smoothly, you get hit with all kinds of challenges. I never see them coming, but I'm seldom surprised.


I wrote about my dog and her health issues, she's on her own rollercoaster. Sometimes markedly improved, then a relapse. One day at a time for that challenge, for both of us.


The next thing to come along is a move. Perhaps in the fall. I have moved twenty times in my life, always thinking it would be the last time. At this age, I'm making damn sure this one is the last time. I've just begun looking, I hope to move in the fall, but that remains to be seen. The task is overwhelming, everything from even looking, to the actual event. I'm pretty good at it by now, but age is creeping up on me and the task seems monumental.


The summer is flying by, lots of good times with family and good friends and lots of time to watch my grandson flourish. He is doing well, although from time to time (like now) even he gets sidelined with a virus.


One of my friends who was unemployed, like me for awhile, found a job eighteen months ago and loved it. Until politics and attitude made her step back and re-evaluate the situation, She took a stand. I'm proud of her. At our age we can sometimes be more objective. Now she's waitng to see if her life is going to change, again.


I can sum it up in three words:


It goes on.


No comments: