Monday, June 6, 2011

Cease and Desist

I never wanted to be 'that lady,' but now,...I am~


I live in the city, in a very nice condo.  My complex is plunked down in an urban area, very new, but built to look like a faux Victorian park. It's charming.  The lawns are beautifully manicured,and the complex has restrictions limiting decorations to keep us all uniform and crisp.


When I moved here, I assumed it would be my last move, ever. I'm close to family and friends, close to shopping and my church and all the freeways.


Perfect, I thought. I can finally settle down, once and for all and enjoy my golden years.


Not so much.


It is 1:30 am and I just got in from banging on my neighbors door, again !  Now he's wise to me and doesn't answer, so I did what I never wanted to do, I called the cops to complain about the noise. And I do mean noise.


This guy has a penchant for heavy bass. The kind of bass that makes your fillings ring and the pottery jump. He was warned by the complex after the last time. He was delivered a letter by the neighbors, signed by several of us before we ever resorted to bringing in the law. This is the third time I've been involved and I'm betting he's not done yet. Who does that ? Deliberatly starting up the racket after midnight. He probably wanted to provoke and he did.


So now I find myself online, at this unglodly hour, looking at real estate. I bet he rents, so it's nothing to him.


It's going to be a long, hot summer.

No comments: